ARGUS measures form changes of sheet metal components.
It provides the 3D coordinates of the component’s surface as well as the distribution of major and minor strain on the surface and the material thickness reduction. In the Forming Limit Diagram, the measured deformations are compared to the material characteristics.
ARGUS supports optimization processes in sheet metal forming by means of
- Fast detection of critical deformation areas
- Solving complex forming problems
- verification of numerical simulations
The optical forming analysis with ARGUS provides for
- Precise and fast measurement of
- Small and large components
- Using a high scanning density.
It operates independently of the material. ARGUS can analyze components made from flat blanks, tubes or other components manufactured by an internal high pressure forming process (IHPF).